Average Irish ICT salary versus other sectors
Current estimates show that the ICT skills gap in Ireland will be as much 70,000 over the next five years. The gap is widening, and on a European level it is expected to be between 500,000 and 900,000 by 2020. On account of this, wages within the ICT industry are growing with stealth. Currently, the average Irish ICT salary is more than €61,000. Never has there been such a beneficial time to learn to code and step into the ever-growing Irish tech scene.
According to the Central Statistics Office (CSO), the current average annual income for workers in Ireland is €38,593.88. These are very attractive figures, but how does the average Irish ICT salary compare to other popular industries in Ireland?
Average Irish ICT salary – second highest hourly earnings
According to Quarter 1 2018 statistics from the CSO, the ICT sector offers the second highest average incomes in comparison with all other sectors in the country. The annual average Irish ICT salary is said to be €61,358.44. The only other industry faring better is the Financial and Real Estate sector.
The average Irish ICT salary versus the rest
Below are the current average incomes of the main sectors in Ireland according to the CSO.
- Mining and quarrying – €46,787.00
- Manufacturing – €46,276.88
- Construction – €38,907.96
- Wholesale and retail trade; repair of motor vehicles and motorcycles – €29,506.88
- Transportation and storage – €39,706.68
- Accommodation and food service activities – €16,909.36
- Professional, scientific and technical activities – €46,236.84
- Administrative and support service activities – €28,386.80
- Public administration and defence; compulsory social security – €49,841.48
- Education – €43,560.92
- Human health and social work activities – €37,161.80
- Arts, entertainment and recreation – €27,826.76
- Other service activities – €22,003.28
- Industry – €46,897.24
- Electricity, water supply and waste management – €55,058.12
- Financial, insurance and real estate activities – €63,914.76
- Arts, entertainment, recreation and other service activities – €25,181.00
If the figures above have sparked your interest, why not sign-up to our free 5 Day Coding Challenge ?