article header

Swedish Student Loans

We are delighted to announce that our course in full stack software development is now eligible for Swedish student loans and grants through CSN (Centrala studiestödsnämnden). This is excellent news for students based in Sweden who wish to pursue a career in the tech industry. Below is a guide to how to apply for CSN funding.

Recently, Code Institute was contacted by Mario Perez Olea, a Swedish-based potential coder. Mario was interested in joining our course and opted to search for CSN funding. As a result, Swedish student loans and grants are available for students based in Sweden through CSN. CSN’s recognition of our course is a testament to our university credit-rated course and an indication of the international growth of our diploma. You can watch our interview with Mario in the video.

The application process takes between 3 and 5 weeks, according to CSN. This is after an acceptance letter and a start date has been received from Code Institute.

How to apply

Arrange a strategy call with Code Institute.

  • Students apply for grants and loans through CSN’s “My Pages” section (Mina sidor) here.
  • Applications can be made at any time.
  • A personal code can be used, but these applications take longer as they have to be done through the postal system.
  • Applications will require attachments such as; proof of admission, proof of tuition fees, and study periods.

Swedish student loans – minimum requirements

The minimum requirement for consideration for CSN funding are as follows:

  1. You are eligible to apply for student aid up until the age of 56. However, according to CSN, “your right to take out a loan will be limited from the year that you turn 47”.
  2. The minimum age requirement is 20.
  3. You must be studying at the very least on a half-time basis.
  4. The course must last more than 3 weeks.
  5. If you are a foreign citizen you must “meet the requirements for the right to Swedish student finance according to Swedish regulations or rank in the same category as a Swedish citizen according to EU law.”
  6. “If you are seeking asylum and have never had a residence permit in Sweden, you are not entitled to student finance.”
  7. Depending on criteria, Swedish citizens and EU/EEA citizens who have a permanent right of residence in Sweden can receive student finance if studying abroad.

If you want to find out more about our course, follow this link. If you want to see if you have an aptitude for code, then register below for our free 5 Day Coding Challenge now.