Changing careers can be daunting. Still, because of the still-growing digital skills gap, software development is proving to be an area that is in huge demand. Students who train with Code Institute get hired faster with the assistance of our Career Services team and other support structures. Recently, Code Institute released its employment survey stats for the last twelve months.
The results of this year’s employment survey have been astounding. They highlight that if our students use our Career Services teams, the likelihood is that they will start their new careers faster. The results also show that, in general, our graduates earn more starting in their new role compared to the job from which they are changing.
Our students are the best in the world, and all it takes is a glance at the community Slack channel to see that they have each other’s backs. Watching our students help each other and figure things out together is a pleasure. This year, the accumulated interactions on the Code Institute Slack channel reached a whopping 4 million posts.
One thing that at least 90% of Code Institute students have in common is that they want to change careers to software development. The good news is that software developers are still in huge demand. Technology will always move forward, and employers in every industry need new developers. The result is a plethora of opportunities, which our graduates are grasping.
The Employment Survey Results
In this year’s employment survey, we asked 127 graduates who use our Career Services team questions based on their current salaries, when they got hired and job titles. Below are the results.
Since graduating, how long did it take to become employed?
What was your entry-level salary?
Has your financial situation improved since graduating?
What is your job title?
Learnings – Employment rates
This year’s employment survey highlights many things. Importantly, it shows that by using the available career services, students will find employment and better salaries at excellent rates. Even before graduating, a whopping 28% of students gain employment.
The figures also show that
- as many as 98% of users are employed within one year.
- 96% of users are employed within nine months.
- 83% of users are employed in under six months.
Salaries & Financial Circumstances
In terms of salaries and financial services, 80% of our graduates report an improvement in their financial circumstances, with
- 2.27% of those surveyed claiming their entry-level salary in their new career was above £/€60k.
- 18.18% of those surveyed claimed their entry-level salary in their new career was between £/€46k and £/€59K.
- 9.09% of those surveyed claimed their entry-level salary in their new career was between £/€41k and £/€45k.
- 25% of those surveyed claimed their entry-level salary in their new career was between £/€36k and £/€40k.
- 18.18% of those surveyed claimed their entry-level salary in their new career was between £/€30k and £/€35k.
- 27.27% of those surveyed claimed their entry-level salary in their new career was less than £/€30k.
Thinking about a career change?
Code Institute is dedicated to helping our students change careers to software development. Our dedicated Career Services team is there to help you make that change. They will give you access to amazing career-focused content, one-on-one meetings, exclusive employer webinars, and more networking and hackathon events. Follow this link to find out more about the Career Services team and download the employment survey.
Learn coding basics for free